KRISTEN'S PICK - WINNER
WE WILL BE EATING A LOT OF FOOD ON SUNDAY
According to a study, Americans purchase the highest calorie food the week before the Super Bowl – a whopping 6,000 calories per serving.
Here’s what we’ll be chowing down on during the game this year:
- 1.3 billion chicken wings
- 28 million slices of pizza from Pizza Hut and Domino's alone
- 325 million gallons of beer, more than a gallon for every single American citizen.
- 9,200 tons of chips
- 3 million pounds of nuts
All of this food, of course, will cost money:
- $82 million on chicken wings
- $277 million on potato chips
- $225 million on tortilla chips
- $71 million on cheese snacks
- $42 million on chip dips
- And, $1.2 billion – with a "B" – on beer. (WSOC-TV, Huffington Post)
OBSCURE SUPER BOWL FACTS TO MAKE YOU SOUND SMART AT THE PARTY
When you’re at your Super Bowl party on Sunday, you’ll probably be able to pick out the smartest guy in the room immediately – and instantly despise him … unless that guy is you!
Here’s a rundown of some obscure Super Bowl facts to drop on your friends to make you sound smarter than you really are:
- Bill Belichick has coached in nine Super Bowls. That’s the most in NFL history.
- After this Sunday’s game, the Patriots will have faced half of the NFC teams in the Super Bowl.
- The opening kickoff has been returned for a touchdown only once: Devin Hester in the 2007 Super Bowl.
- Teams wearing white jerseys are 11-1 in the last 12 Super Bowls. In case you were wondering, the Patriots will wear white on Sunday.
- Phil Simms was the first Super Bowl MVP to say he was "going to Disney World." He did so after completing 22 of 25 passes in 1987, setting the record for highest completion percentage.
- The NFL uses 72 game balls during the Super Bowl.
- The Super Bowl Trophy is made by Tiffany’s and Co. and costs $25,000.
- The highest scoring Super Bowl was played between the 49ers and Chargers in 1995, with the teams combining for 75 points.
(For The Win)
The last time the Falcons were in the Super Bowl this was true...
- The top music album was Titanic.
- Furby was the hottest holiday toy.
- Gas was $1.06 per gallon.
- “Saving Private Ryan” won top honors at the 56th annual Golden Globes.
- Seth McFarlane’s “Family Guy” debuted on Fox, while the trials and tribulations of Tony Sorprano debuted on HBO.
- And the average cost of a Super Bowl ticket was $325, just a little bit more from today’s average of $2,500 to 3 grand.
Listen and play along with You Choose The News weekdays at 6:45am